Studying the units by distance learning
In this distance learning programme all the necessary learning materials are sent to participants and there is no attendance at the University. The normal university approach of lectures, tutorials and workshops are replaced with set readings and activities. Assessments are by tutor market assignments for the taught units and a dissertation for the research phase. Assignment submission and tutor support is by email. The distance learning approach has proved its worth over 30 years in the Aroma Trades Industry.
Some of the considerable advantages of a distance learning programme are:
- Students can work around business commitments such as overseas sales visits etc.
- Students can work around personal and home activities such as holidays.
- Students can be earning while they learn and not build up large debts.
- Students can decide the dates and times at which they can study.
- Students can learn by doing. If they are already in the industry they can start to apply their new knowledge and skills sooner rather than later.
- Students can work through the material at their own pace.